Shown for educational purposes
The 71-year-old, from Surrey, was convicted of a string of assaults which happened over nearly 20 years.
He was cleared of two charges of indecent assault, while the jury at Southwark Crown Court failed to reach a verdict on another charge.
Clifford, who is the first person to be convicted under Operation Yewtree, was bailed and will be sentenced on Friday.
End Quote Peter Watt Director of national services at the NSPCC
"Clifford was a rich and influential man who dined with the stars but the way he manipulated and groomed his victims is typical of many sex offenders”
Speaking outside court, Clifford stood with his daughter Louise in front of photographers but ignored questions from reporters, saying: "I have been told by my lawyers to say nothing at all."
Clifford was arrested by detectives from Operation Yewtree - the national investigation sparked by abuse claims against Jimmy Savile - in December 2012, and charged in April the following year.
He was arrested under a strand of the investigation which concentrated on accusations unconnected to the Savile investigations, but which emerged as a result of the publicity surrounding the former BBC presenter and DJ.
BBC home affairs correspondent Danny Shaw said the verdicts were "hugely significant" as the first Yewtree conviction.
Speaking after the verdicts, one victim said her faith in the justice system had been restored.
During the trial, prosecutors portrayed Clifford as a well-practised manipulator, who promised to boost his victims' careers and get them to meet celebrities in exchange for sexual favours.
The court heard from a string of women who testified about Clifford's behaviour in his New Bond Street office.
He offered to get them casting appointments, pretending to be Hollywood bigwigs including Steven Spielberg, Albert "Cubby" Broccoli and Michael Winner on the phone.
The jury found Clifford guilty of indecently assaulting four victims, including one girl who was abused from the age of 15 after she met him while on holiday with her family in Spain.
A woman, who was indecently assaulted by Max Clifford when she was 15, said she was "so relieved and so pleased that justice has been done".
She told the BBC Clifford was "somebody who reinvented his persona and has been able to shield himself behind a cloak of respectability and fooled everybody.
"He was an opportunist. He saw a vulnerable person and took advantage of somebody who was a child.
"And it was awful, it was a nightmare and it had huge implications for me as a young person."
He later forced her to perform oral sex on him and indecently assaulted her.
Decades later, the victim wrote Clifford an anonymous letter, which was found in his bedside table when his home was searched by police.
In the letter she told Clifford he "took pleasure in degrading me", giving him an "A+ in grooming children".
Speaking to the BBC after his conviction, she said her faith in the justice system had been restored.
She said she still shuddered and felt ill when she thought about Clifford, and said it had been sickening to see him "create a persona of a respectable, high-profile man who was lauded by the media".
"I can't thank the police and the CPS enough for their endeavours to get justice for me and everyone else", she added.
The second victim, who was an extra in the film Octopussy, said she was targeted at Clifford's office in 1981 or 1982 when she was aged 19.
The court heard Clifford told her that actor Charles Bronson wanted pictures of her in her underwear before deciding whether she could be in a different film.
and, Max Clifford portrayed himself as an innocent man who had been terribly wronged by the allegations of "fantasists".
There were two Max Cliffords presented to the jury. The prosecution portrayed him as a manipulative sexual bully who drew in vulnerable young women and girls to abuse.
His defence painted a picture of a respectable businessman with an appetite for innocent fun, a deep love for his family and tireless work for charity.
Max Clifford did all he could to reinforce that impression, but in the end he could not convince the jury that he had nothing to hide.
Another girl, a teenage model, said Clifford groped her when she went to his office for career advice in 1983, bragging that he could get her a part in a James Bond film.
She was told to pose in her underwear and told the court how Clifford tried to force her to perform oral sex.
The victims also included a dancer who received a phone call while she was at a nightclub from someone pretending to represent producer Broccoli, and was told to find out whether Clifford was circumcised.
She then "froze" and realised she was "stuck", and feared she would be raped when Clifford took her into the toilet and assaulted her.
Speaking outside court, Jenny Hopkins, deputy chief crown prosecutor for CPS London, said the verdicts had provided "a long-denied justice" to the victims.
She said the CPS would now take some time to consider its position on the verdict the jury was unable to come to a decision on.
"I would like to thank these victims for having had the courage to come forward and give evidence.
"The victims of sexual abuse, whenever it may have taken place, should know that police and prosecutors will listen", she said.
DCI Michael Orchard, from the Metropolitan Police, paid tribute to Clifford's victims, saying he hoped they felt they were "listened to".
Peter Watt, director of National Services at the NSPCC, said Clifford had been "unmasked as a ruthless and manipulative sex offender who preyed for decades on children and young women".
"Clifford was a rich and influential man who dined with the stars but the way he manipulated and groomed his victims is typical of many sex offenders.
"He exploited their vulnerabilities, using lies and coercion to get what he wanted," he said.
Lawyer Liz Dux, who represents more than 150 people who have made complaints under Operation Yewtree, said the verdicts proved the investigation was not a "celebrity witch-hunt".