COWSPIRACY - The Sustainability Secret in about 15 minutes (Short Version)whatfizzythinks
Cowspiracy From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Cowspiracy: The Sustainability Secret|
Movie Poster for Cowspiracy
|Directed by||Kip Andersen|
|Produced by||Kip Andersen|
|Starring||Kip AndersenHoward Lyman|
Richard OppenlanderMichael Pollan
|Edited by||Kip Andersen|
|Distributed by||A.U.M. Films|
First Spark Media
The film was crowdfunded on IndieGoGo, with 1,449 contributors giving $117,092. This funding was 217% of their goal, and it allowed them to dub the film into Spanish and German and subtitle it into more than 10 other languages, including Chinese and Russian. Screenings are licensed through the distributor as well as on Tugg.
A new cut of the documentary, executive-produced by Leonardo DiCaprio, premiered globally on Netflix on September 15, 2015.
- Lisa Agabian (Sea Shepherd Conservation Society)
- Manucher Alemi (Department of Water Resources)
- Lindsey Allen (Rainforest Action Network)
- Kip Andersen (co-director)
- Will Anderson (Greenpeace)
- Deniz Bolbol (American Wild Horse)
- Heather Cooley (Pacific Institute)
- Kamyar Guivetchi (Department of Water Resources)
- Bruce Hamilton (Sierra Club)
- Susan Hartland (Sea Shepherd Conservation Society)
- Michael Klaper (physician, author, advisor)
- Howard Lyman (former rancher, author, activist)
- Demosthenes Maratos (Sustainability Institute at Molloy College)
- Chad Nelsen (Surfrider Foundation)
- Ann Notthoff (Natural Resources Defense Council)
- Richard Oppenlander (lead consultant, author, founder of a vegan food company, environmental researcher, lecturer)
- lauren Ornelas (Food Empowerment Project)
- Michael Pollan (author, lecturer)
- William Potter (journalist)
- Leila Salazar (Amazon Watch)
- Geoff Shester (Oceana)
- Kirk R. Smith (Environmental Health Sciences)
- Sister Dorothy Stang (advocate for the poor, the environment)
- Will Tuttle (speaker, educator, author, musician)
- Josh Tetrick (Beyond Eggs)
- David Robinson Simon (author, law activist)
Accolades  as well as the Best Foreign Film Award at the 12th annual Festival de films de Portneuf sur l'environnement. It was also nominated for Cinema Politica’s 2015 Audience Choice Award.
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (October 2016)|
This Union of Concerned Scientists review concludes by alleging that livestock does indeed contribute to global warming—albeit at a far lower rate than the film claims—and notes that the film's allegation of a scientific 'conspiracy' to suppress knowledge belies the vast amount of literature published on the topic of livestock's contribution to greenhouse emissions.
- Environmental impact of meat production
- Livestock's Long Shadow
- Intensive animal farming
- Racing Extinction
- Holocene extinction
- The Sixth Extinction
- Kanner, Ellen (August 4, 2014). "Meatless Monday -- 'Cowspiracy:' The One Thing No One Talks About". Huffington Post. Retrieved October 9, 2014.
- Animal Agriculture: A Neglected Agent of Global Warming? The co-producers of the documentary film "Cowspiracy" discuss the environmental impact of Intensive animal farming - and why mainstream organizations have been silent about it. November 20, 2014, The Real News
- "Cowspiracy". Village. February 19, 2015. Retrieved 2015-03-04.
- "Burgers Are Ending the World, Says Cowspiracy". SF Weekly. Jun 25, 2014. Retrieved 2015-03-04.
- "Cowspiracy IndieGoGo campaign page".
- Alison Homewood. "Beware Cowspiracy – and the spread of the vegan virus -- New Internationalist". New Internationalist.
- "Cowspiracy page on Tugg".
- "Exclusive: Interview With Directors Of 'Cowspiracy: The Sustainability Secret' On Netflix, A Controversial New Documentary". Decider. August 27, 2015. Retrieved 2015-08-28.
- "Cowspiracy Wins Audience Choice Award". The South African Eco Film Festival. April 9, 2015. Retrieved 2015-04-09.
- "Le FFPE récompense les films gagnants de la 12e édition". Festival de films de Portneuf sur l'environnement. April 27, 2015. Retrieved 2015-04-28.
- "Vote for the 2015 Audience Choice Award!". Cinema Politica. April 6, 2016. Retrieved 2016-04-24.
- Boucher, Doug (10 June 2016). "Movie Review: There's a Vast Cowspiracy about Climate Change". The Equation blog. Union of Concerned Scientists. Retrieved 12 June 2016.